Monday 9 July 2018

We were invited to celebrate a good friend’s 60th birthday at 
Camp Carlos in Santa Maria, Mozambique.
Tucked away in the midst of this wild and wonderful celebration, 
that lasted 5 days, was a beautiful gift.
At low tide a couple of girlfriends waded across the bay 
to an exposed bank that was littered with pansy shells. 
These delicate little beauties embody all that is peaceful and magnificent.
I was so captivated by all that they stood for, and discovered this beautiful poem. 
Once home I took a collection of gold that was given to me by my husband and my dad. We traded it in for white gold and had a simple, stunning pansy made which rests peacefully on my chest, with the message engraved on the back: 
I treasure this memory of friendship and a gentle reminder 
that you can trip over an epiphany any time, in the most unexpected place.



The simple, beautiful pansy shell made from a collection of gold trinkets that we traded in. 
Crafted by Afrokwazi, Gateway Mall, Durban.


No comments:

Post a Comment